The City of Sylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer
POLICE OFFICER/POLICE CADET
The City of Sylvania is offering full testing services for ONE position of Police Officer/Police Cadet through National Testing Network, Inc. (NTN). The application and testing period is January 22nd, 2024 through February 20th, 2024. To fill out an application and schedule an exam, please visit: www.nationaltestingnetwork.com, select Law Enforcement and sign up for the City of Sylvania Police Division. You must register prior to taking the test.
Pay Rate if hired as Police Officer – $32.82
Pay Rate if hired as Police Cadet – $20.61
What to expect at the National Testing Network, Inc. website:
- Completion of the NTN application process.
- Review all information related to the City of Sylvania Police Division Police Officer/ Police Cadet position. This includes uploading all necessary documents including form DD214 and college transcripts.
- Opportunity to take online practice test at www.frontlinetest.com
- Schedule your own convenient test time. Tests are offered multiple times a week at testing sites throughout the United States including Owens Community College for northwest Ohio applicants.
- High quality job simulation exams in a standardized, fair testing environment.
- Your scores are automatically forwarded to the City of Sylvania Police Division upon completion of the exam. Candidates who attain a passing score (70%) or higher are placed on the division’s preliminary eligibility list for 2 years. Candidates on this list will be contacted to participate in further stages of the selection process.
The National Testing Network is a service provided to conduct entry level testing in a standardized, professional environment. The National Testing Network does not replace the City of Sylvania Police Division’s decision making in the testing process. All results for each qualified candidate are provided to the City of Sylvania Police Division and City of Sylvania Civil Service Commission where the final decision is made.