POLICE OFFICER/POLICE CADET
The City of Sylvania Civil Service Commission is offering full testing services for ONE position of Police Officer/Police Cadet through National Testing Network, Inc. (NTN). The application and testing period is August 10, 2020 to August 23, 2020. To fill out an application and schedule a written exam, please visit: www.nationaltestingnetwork.com, select Law Enforcement and sign up for the City of Sylvania Police Division. You must register prior to reporting to the testing facility.
Click Here for Police Cadet Job Description and Qualifications
Pay Rate if hired as Police Officer – $29.51
Pay Rate if hired as Police Cadet – $18.54
What to expect at the National Testing Network, Inc. website:
- Completion of the NTN application process.
- Review all information related to the City of Sylvania Police Division Police Officer/ Police Cadet position. This includes uploading all necessary documents including form DD214 and college transcripts.
- Opportunity to take online practice test at www.frontlinetest.com
- Schedule your own convenient test time. Tests are offered multiple times a week at testing sites throughout the United States including Owens Community College for northwest Ohio applicants.
- High quality job simulation exams in a standardized, fair testing environment.
- Your scores are automatically forwarded to the City of Sylvania Police Division upon completion of the exam. Candidates who attain a passing score (70%) or higher are placed on the division’s preliminary eligibility list for 2 years. Candidates on this list will be contacted to participate in further stages of the selection process.
The cost of the exam is $49, to be paid by the applicant. Should you want to send your results to multiple participating cities or agencies, you would pay an additional $9.50 for each. The written exam is approximately two (2) hours in length. All applicants must identify themselves with a state issued driver’s license or military ID with a photograph of the applicant. Cell phones are prohibited.
For questions about the National Testing Network please call their Candidate Support Line at 1-855-821-3761.
Other questions please call our Civil Service Department at 419-885-8926 or Captain Miller in the Police Division at 419-885-0842.