PUBLIC WORKS SERVICEMAN
CLICK HERE for application.
DEADLINE TO FILE APPLICATION: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2021, 4:30pm
The City of Sylvania Department of Public Service will have full-time job opportunities in 3 separate divisions. Click on the job descriptions below for more information:
Qualifications – Applicants must be 18 years of age, be in good physical condition, reside in the State of Ohio or be a resident of the State of Michigan living in Erie, Bedford, Bedford Township, Riga Township or Whiteford Township one year prior to filing an application. Possess a valid Class A or B with Air Brakes Commercial Driver’s License and possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
Starting salary – $25.47 per hour
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILING APPLICATION:
1. Print and complete one (1) application in its entirety to be considered for all 3 positions.
2. Have application notarized BEFORE filing.
3. Make sure to give your correct email address – you will be emailed a link to take the exam.
4. Make a copy of your driver’s license, front and back.
5. Place application & copy of license in an envelope labeled CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION.
6. Place envelope in the outdoor DROP BOX located in front of the City of Sylvania Administration Building, 6730 Monroe Street. Please do not ring doorbell.
7. Deadline for filing application is Friday, February 5, 2021 at 4:30pm.
Veteran’s Preference – 5 numerical points will be added to qualified veteran’s scores who pass the exam. Proof of service, if applicable, must be enclosed with application at time of filing.
DEADLINE TO TAKE EXAM: 2 WEEKS FROM RECEIVING TEST LINK VIA EMAIL
PLEASE NOTE – You will have 2 weeks to take the examination once you have been sent the test link. For example, if you turn in your application on Monday, January 25, 2021, you will have until Monday, February 8, 2021 to complete the exam. The testing site, WonScore, will automatically lock you out of testing 2 weeks after the test link has been sent to the email address you provide. Last possible day to take exam is Friday, February 19, 2021.
Questions call 419-885-8926, Laura, Civil Service Secretary